CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Featuring King or Queen of the Jungle of the Week

Our student of the week is

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First of all, I hope no one is disappointed that I haven't been sending home a weekly newsletter. I may have squeezed in one or two since Christmas, but to be honest since all of the snow days I truly can't keep up with what I am going to do next and what I need to get done to catch up from the week before and attempt to get done before the next snow hits!! Be patient...hopefully we will get back on track soon! In the meantime, keep reading at home with your kids. I mentioned to the kids that Accelerated Reader (AR) is back up and running in the library with over 10,000 tests. So the kids can read just about any book and take a test to earn points. If it is a book that is long or a little more challenging for them you can read it to them or take turns reading pages together. Just make sure you ask them comprehension questions about the book when you are finished reading to make sure they understood the book. In the mornings when they are finished with morning work or on their library days they can take a test.
I found two new children's books today at the bookstore both written by the same author, Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, called Incredible You! and Unstoppable Me! Those of you who read other things besides grad school textbooks, educational materials, and picture books, may already know that he is a best-selling author and inspirational speaker. He is also the author of What do you Really Want for Your Children? and 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace. Maybe this summer in my spare time while I am off for the few weeks left in July :), I will read it, but in the meantime I thought I would share with you a little bit from the two books I picked up today that I can't wait to share with the kids:

10 WAYS TO SOAR THROUGH LIFE
1. YOU'RE GREAT-NO MATTER WHAT!
2. PERSISTENCE PAYS OFF!
3. WELCOME THE UNKNOWN
4. YOU HAVE A CHOICE (I say this all the time to the kids-but I add so make it a good one :)
5. FAREWELL TO WORRY
6. PEACE BEGINS WITH YOU
7. ENJOY THE HERE-AND-NOW
8.HEALTHY ME!
9. CREATIVITY IS THE KEY!
10. WHAT CAN YOU GIVE?

10 WAYS TO LET YOUR GREATNESS SHINE THROUGH:
1. SHARE THE GOOD
2. FIND WHAT YOU LOVE
3. YOU ARE FILLED WITH LOVE
4. FIND A QUIET PLACE INSIDE
5. MAKE TODAY GREAT!
6. CHANGE YOUR THOUGHTS TO GOOD!
7. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF
8.PICTURE WHAT YOU WANT!
9. EVERYONE IS SPECIAL, ESPECIALLY YOU
10. GOOD THOUGHTS GIVE YOU ENERGY

0 comments:

Post a Comment