CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Featuring King or Queen of the Jungle of the Week

Our student of the week is

Saturday, August 28, 2010

We Are Finally Finished Testing!

I think I can say that we are finished testing!!! We have tested basic skills, reading levels, and all the necessities for AIMSWeb for the fall. So, if you would like to meet in person I would gladly set up a time that we can get together or if you would rather me send a copy of the AIMSWeb printout, the basic skills assessment, and your child's reading level home I can do that. Then if you have any questions or concerns, we can meet. I will tell you that overall, I am very pleased with the beginning reading levels. Our goal as a first grade is to have every child reading at a level 10-12 by Christmas and at least a level 18 by the end of the year. If they come to us now reading a level 1-2 that means they can follow a pattern and are ready to begin reading. I cannot stress enough how important it is to read with your child and to continue working on those sight words. Once we begin adding 3-6 new words a week it will be essential to stay on top of it. You will be amazed at how much your child with grow as a reader throughout the year! As far as the AIMSWeb you will be able to see how they did last year at the benchmarks: fall, winter, spring, and this fall. Some areas were not tested every time. Please do not hesitate to contact me!!!